PSP Season Opener on Galveston Island
9020 Stewart Rd
Galveston, TX 77554
March 11 – 13, 2011
Gulf-front condos for 6 people at $92 per night!
PSP Events and the Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau are pleased to invite you to the 2011 PSP season opener, which will be held during spring break March 11 – 13 in Galveston Island, Texas! (Watch live webcams of the area now! http://www.galveston.com/webcams/ )
Galveston Island is a popular weekend resort town 40 miles south of Houston, Texas with a beautiful 32-mile stretch of beaches and seawall along the Gulf of Mexico. A tourist’s dream, there’s surfing, restaurants, shops, attractions, bars, music, fishing, water parks, golfing and resorts for all ages. March is a beautiful time to spend on the island – with its warm weather in the low 70’s and limited rainfall – it’s been a draw to spring breakers for years! Very excited about having the PSP event held during the same time as Spring Break, the Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau is giving each attendee a “Smart Card’ for discounts to stores, bars, shops and restaurants! Hotels, airlines and rental car agencies are also offering discounts to make sure this trip is not only enjoyable, but affordable as well!
PSP has wanted to return to the great state of Texas for some time. Finding the right partnering city and venue was key in making this event possible. Held at Galveston Island Paintball, a new park located just one block off the water in the heart of the island, the event will be able to hold up to 6 grass fields of play along with paintball’s best trade show from Friday – Sunday (March 11 – 13, 2011). The event and its hotels are just minutes from all the favorite island attractions, restaurants and shopping.
Registration for this event will be opening soon, but don’t hesitate to book your trip by taking advantage of the following travel discounts:
Hotels, Resorts, Condos & RV Parks – Over 300 rooms already sold!
After just a few days, over 300 rooms have already been booked for the Galveston Island PSP March 11 – 13, 2011 event! Be sure to book your room before they fill up! New offers are posted below – including the Comfort Suites hotel, which is located directly across from the event!
Galveston Hotels, Resorts, Condos and RV Parks
- Comfort Suites – Located right across from the PSP Galvestion Island event, The Comfort Suites® hotel is offering a rate of $109 Sunday through Thursday nights and $159 Friday and Saturday nights. This rate includes free deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet in all suites (as well as a free public computer with internet access), outdoor pool and hot tub as well as an exercise room. All spacious suites come equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, curved shower rods, desks, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Non-smoking suites can be requested. Laundry facilities are located on the property for added guest convenience. To book your room, call (409) 741-9977 and ask for the “LPSP” rate! Click here for website
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, just $79 per night Sun – Thurs and $139 Friday and Saturday nights includes an extended Continental Breakfast! Call 409-740-9100 and ask for the PSP Rate.
Each comfortably spacious room at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West comes with its own balcony, free high-speed Internet access, a microwave, refrigerator, and other great extras. We also have a sparkling outdoor swimming pool and a relaxing hot tub, plus a fitness center for use at your leisure. Every morning, enjoy a tasty Free Bright Side BreakfastTM served up by our courteous staff in the eating area off the lobby. Come enjoy the refreshing gulf breeze at La Quinta Inn & Suites Galveston Seawall West, situated conveniently on the famous Galveston Seawall. There is no place better to watch the breath taking sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico. Click here for website
- Holiday Inn Express, $119 per night includes a full hot breakfast ($100 discount!!). Call 409-740-7900 and ask for the PSP Rate. Our prime location allows you to relax on your balcony and watch the ocean waves crash, and we are close to numerous attractions the whole family can enjoy, including Schlitterbahn Waterpark, Stewart Beach, Galveston Island Ferry and much more. Our hotel provides great amenities, including free high-speed Internet access, a free hot breakfast bar, 24-hour gift shop, Fitness Center and outdoor pool and whirlpool, so make your reservations today to enjoy the best stay Galveston, TX hotels have to offer! Click here for website
- Holiday Inn Resort on the Beach – Experience Galveston’s Premier Beachfront Destination for just $109 weekday, $149 Friday and Saturday nights! Call (800) 465-4329 and ask for the PSP group rate. Welcome to your personal island paradise, the Holiday Inn® Resort Galveston – On the Beach. An integral part of San Luis Resort Spa & Conference Center, this hotel provides genuine, attentive service and all the extras patrons need for a terrific trip to Galveston. Resort includes fantastic on-site eateries, an impressive outdoor pool, a Fitness Center and tennis courts. There’s even a playground and arcade for the kids. The pristine Gulf Coast awaits you! Rooms must be booked by February 8, 2011. Click here for website
- Hilton Galveston Island Resort Hotel – Call (877) 425 – 4753 and ask for the PSP rate of $159 per night. The Hilton Galveston Island resort hotel, located on the 30-acre San Luis Resort, has undergone generous renovations and upgrades to its 240 guestrooms. Renovations and upgrades performed to the guest suites at the Hilton Galveston, TX hotel include the addition of luxury, residential-style furnishings and top-of-the-line linens and bedding. Soft color hues with island inspiration provide a relaxing environment for guests. The spacious accommodations offer a sleek, clean and clutter-free feel along with access to breath-taking Gulf views from private balconies. Modern amenities such as flat screen high definition televisions, executive-style desk and swivel chair make the Hilton Galveston Island an ideal location for business travelers. To exceed the comfort of our guests all guestrooms feature the Hilton Serenity Collection™ including the Hilton Serenity bed complete with Serta Sweet Dreams® Mattress and Pacific Coast Down Duvet, 250 thread-count sheets, and Touch of Down Pillows. This Galveston hotel property is complete with an on-site Fitness Center by Precor®, Jacuzzi® and an outdoor swimming pool featuring a seasonal swim-up pool bar and grill, and is the perfect addition to your warm weather agenda. Coconuts Bar and Grill presents guests with the “Island’s” best frozen concoctions and a light menu fare offered poolside. Also at The Hilton Galveston Island resort is the Palm Court, a full-service restaurant offering a wide array of specialties with “Island Caribbean” flair. For those that enjoy traditional Gulf Coast seafood specialties, Landry’s Seafood House is located within steps of our Galveston hotel as well as the Rainforest Café, Retail Village & River Adventure Ride and the infamous International House of Pancakes. Click here for website
- The Victorian Resort and Conference Center (located one mile from the PSP venue) will be sponsoring the event by offering a great rate on 6 person suites – $79 per night Sunday through Thursday nights, $109 per night for Friday and Saturday nights! These rooms include one queen, 1 pull out sofa and 2 beds where 4 people can have their own bed but up to 6 are allowed (larger suites available at a higher price). In addition to the resort amenities such as free high speed in-room Internet, their waterfall Lagoon and Paradise Cove swimming pools, Garden whirlpools, tennis court, fitness center, game room, picnic pavilion, and more; each suite is on a 45-degree angle with gulf views! For more information, click here http://www.victoriancondo.com or call 800-231-6363 and ask for the “PSP” rate.
- The Inn at the WaterPark, located right next to the popular Schlitterbahn Water Park and adjacent to top adventure-land destination – the Moody Gardens, is offering a $79.00 rate when you call (888) 939-8680 and ask for the “PSP” group rate. For more information on this property, visit http://www.innatthewaterpark.com.
- (Update: SOLD OUT!!) Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites are offering 6 person condos for just $92 per night! Located 1.5 miles from the paintball event, the Casa Del Mar Condos offer two pools (one heated) and plenty of beachfront views from each room. Each Fully Furnished One-bedroom Suite Includes: Private balcony with a view of the Gulf, Living area including a studio kitchen, complete with a microwave, small oven with cook top and refrigerator, basic cookware, utensils, dinnerware and silverware are provided, Separate bedroom with queen-size bed as well as a Queen size sofa sleeper in the living area and a set of bunk beds, Satellite TV, Daily and weekly housekeeping services, all linens and towels are provided, approximately 475 square feet per unit and 24 hour front desk services. For more information visit http://www.casadelmartx.com. To book your rooms, call and ask for the PSP rate!
- RV Parks/Camping: Whether you’re interested in camping out within the Galveston Island State Park or riding your RV along the bay, there are plenty of options for you listed at http://www.galveston.com/rvpark/,
- Save by renting through Enterprise! Click on the link below and receive a special PSP discount when renting your car through Enterprise:
- Avis is offering our group a discount as well. Just call 1-800-331-1600 and refer to AWD# B136001 to reserve a rental car at a discounted rate. Attendees outside the US will need to call 918-624-4301.
Galveston Island is a short 40-minute drive from Houston’s Hobby Airport (HOU) and 90 minutes from the George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH). Remember, games begin on Friday, March 11, 2011 and finish Sunday, March 13, 2011. Book your travel to arrive on Thursday, March 10, 2011 so you can get checked in and walk the fields!
- AirTran - Save 10% on each route of your AirTran flight to Houston Hobby Airport! Simply call the AirTran EventSavers Desk at 866-683-8368 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Eastern Time and reference Event Code HOU031111. If asked, the name of the event is “PSP Galveston Island Open”. You can also save on a Hertz car rental by asking the AirTran agent to transfer you to Hertz!
- American Airlines: book your AA flight into either HOU or IAH airports through https://www.aa.com/reservation/searchFlightsSubmit.do and use Promo Code: 7231DR (if traveling from outside of the United States, use Promotion Code: STARfile 7231DR.
- Southwest.com is offering great deals into Houston HOBBY – but their flights can only be booked on their website – http://www.southwest.com.
- Continental: Continental’s main hub is in Houston, TX (IAH – Intercontinental) – they are offering flights into the IAH airport at a discounted rate for PSP attendees. Offer Code: ZK4B292876
- AirTran and Delta are offering PSP discounts to Houston HOBBY (HOU) (discount codes for these airlines coming soon!)