9020 Stewart Rd
Galveston, TX 77554
March 11 – 13, 2011
PSP Events and the Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau are pleased to invite you to the 2011 PSP season opener, which will be held during spring break March 11 – 13 in Galveston Island, Texas! (Watch live webcams of the area now! http://www.galveston.com/webcams/ )
Galveston Island is a popular weekend resort town 40 miles south of Houston, Texas with a beautiful 32-mile stretch of beaches and seawall along the Gulf of Mexico. A tourist’s dream, there’s surfing, restaurants, shops, attractions, bars, music, fishing, water parks, golfing and resorts for all ages. March is a beautiful time to spend on the island – with its warm weather in the low 70’s and limited rainfall – it’s been a draw to spring breakers for years! Very excited about having the PSP event held during the same time as Spring Break, the Galveston Island Convention and Visitors Bureau is giving each attendee a “Smart Card’ for discounts to stores, bars, shops and restaurants! Hotels, airlines and rental car agencies are also offering discounts to make sure this trip is not only enjoyable, but affordable as well!
PSP has wanted to return to the great state of Texas for some time. Finding the right partnering city and venue was key in making this event possible. Held at Galveston Island Paintball, a new park located just one block off the water in the heart of the island, the event will be able to hold up to 6 grass fields of play along with paintball’s best trade show from Friday – Sunday (March 11 – 13, 2011). The event and its hotels are just minutes from all the favorite island attractions, restaurants and shopping.
Team Registration for this event is now closed, but the games are free to watch and the Trade Show is also free and open to the public!
Still need a place to stay? Take advantage of the following travel discounts:
Hotels, Condos & RV Parks
- The Victorian Resort and Conference Center (located one mile from the PSP venue) will be sponsoring the event by offering a great rate on 6 person suites – $79 per night Sunday through Thursday nights, $109 per night for Friday and Saturday nights! These rooms include one queen, 1 pull out sofa and 2 beds where 4 people can have their own bed but up to 6 are allowed (larger suites available at a higher price). In addition to the resort amenities such as free high speed in-room Internet, their waterfall Lagoon and Paradise Cove swimming pools, Garden whirlpools, tennis court, fitness center, game room, picnic pavilion, and more; each suite is on a 45-degree angle with gulf views! For more information, click here http://www.victoriancondo.com or call 800-231-6363 and ask for the “PSP” rate.
- The Inn at the WaterPark, located right next to the popular Schlitterbahn Water Park and adjacent to top adventure-land destination – the Moody Gardens, is offering a $79.00 rate when you call (888) 939-8680 and ask for the “PSP” group rate. For more information on this property, visit http://www.innatthewaterpark.com.
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites are offering 6 person condos for just $92 per night! Located 1.5 miles from the paintball event, the Casa Del Mar Condos offer two pools (one heated) and plenty of beachfront views from each room. Each Fully Furnished One-bedroom Suite Includes: Private balcony with a view of the Gulf, Living area including a studio kitchen, complete with a microwave, small oven with cook top and refrigerator, basic cookware, utensils, dinnerware and silverware are provided, Separate bedroom with queen-size bed as well as a Queen size sofa sleeper in the living area and a set of bunk beds, Satellite TV, Daily and weekly housekeeping services, all linens and towels are provided, approximately 475 square feet per unit and 24 hour front desk services. For more information visit http://www.casadelmartx.com. To book your rooms, call and ask for the PSP rate!
- RV Parks/Camping: Whether you’re interested in camping out within the Galveston Island State Park or riding your RV along the bay, there are plenty of options for you listed at http://www.galveston.com/rvpark/,
- Save by renting through Enterprise! Click on the link below and receive a special PSP discount when renting your car through Enterprise:
- Avis is offering our group a discount as well. Just call 1-800-331-1600 and refer to AWD# B136001 to reserve a rental car at a discounted rate. Attendees outside the US will need to call 918-624-4301.
Galveston Island is a short 40-minute drive from Houston’s Hobby Airport and 90 minutes from the George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
- American Airlines: book your AA flight into either HOU or IAH airports through https://www.aa.com/reservation/searchFlightsSubmit.do and use Promo Code: 7231DR (if traveling from outside of the United States, use Promotion Code: STARfile 7231DR.
- Southwest.com is offering great deals into Houston HOBBY – but their flights can only be booked on their website – http://www.southwest.com.
- Continental: Continental’s main hub is in Houston, TX (IAH – Intercontinental) – they are offering flights into the IAH airport at a discounted rate for PSP attendees. Offer Code: ZK4B292876
- AirTran and Delta are offering PSP discounts to Houston HOBBY (HOU) (discount codes for these airlines coming soon!)